This prompt reminds me of a site I stumbled upon ages ago. It’s called I Write Like.
I remember just goofing around with this site all those years ago…which gave me an idea :instead of writing a new post consciously imitating an author ,why not test out my writing style using some of my older posts.
The whole logic being that I write like some author on a subconscious level,without even trying to imitate or knowing.Power of subconscious and all that.
When I tested out this poem I wrote, the result was : I write like Ursula K. Le Guin
And for another post I got : Dan Brown
All of those!
All in all this prompt has been fun .Hmm..might even rewrite the prompt with some serious(imitation) effort next time.
- To Be or Not: is Imitation Flattery? (robssurfreport.com)
- Daily Prompt: Imitation/Flattery, Homage (nicolawestgate.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: A Guide To Flattery (awlscribe.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt; Imitation/ Flattery (terry1954.wordpress.com)
- Of Mice Or Kin | The Jittery Goat
- Blessing of the Animals | To Pursue Happiness
- Split in Two | Broken Light: A Photography Collective
- Rulfo: Chronicle of a death concealed | underclock notes
- The Night Curtain.. | decidinglybob
- Writing Like Buk | Fish Of Gold
- October haiku | Butterfly Mind