Daily Prompt: Person of the Year.You’re asked to nominate someone for TIME’s Person of the Year. Who would it be, and why?
My reply: No one .
No one. I don’t really want to either. All this business of idealizing someone is just disappointing. Maybe it sounds pessimistic but from my experiences ; what you know of a person — no matter how long — is hardly a fraction of who they are. I have met some great people and some lets say not so great , but putting them on such a pedestal is a risky. A thing they may do or not do can lead to falling off it. The thing with ideals is that it’s neither real nor practical.Just illusions and the image of someone you made up ; which eventually will be broken somewhere down the line.
And what are the parameters to be considered anyway?
Other awesome posts :
- DP – Person Of The Year | Life With Pink Princesses
- Daily Prompt: BIG | Postcards from
- Daily Prompts: Person of the Year « Mama Bear Musings
- BIG | thoughtsofrkh
- My person of the year is…. | Hope* the happy hugger
- GES Person of the (mid) Year award – The Oblivious | Geek Ergo Sum
- Daily Prompt: Parents of the Year | Thriving Pessimist…
- Teacher and Mother: A true person of the year | Lewis Cave